Last night cooking dinner was in my honors and these chili and lime fries accompanied my main. Unlike any other type of think cut chips you have tasted they are spicy and tangy which quite literally is like a party in your mouth. I didn't fry these whatsoever so they weren't as greasy - instead i baked them (Healthier). If your anything like me you would love the black crisp parts which i don't always know what substance they evolved from which is a worry.
- 4 purple potatoes
- Large pinch chili
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 diced capers (optional)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime
- Half a lemon
- Cut 4 purple potatoes roughly into thick cut chips with the skin is highly recommended
- Soak the raw potatoes in a bowl of boiling water for 3 minutes
- In a small bowl/cup mix together the ingredients for the marinade. Start of with the oil, vinegar and lime & lemon juice. Mix together then add the diced capers and chili. Try the marinade and add more chili if necessary (I used an olive oil and chili mix in a jar which makes the chili more powerful).
- Drain the potatoes and put them back in the bowl to dress them. Add the marinade to the potatoes and coat the potatoes
- Lay the potatoes in a baking tray and let them cook away in the oven at a heat of 180 degrees for about 50 minutes
Add salt if you wish once they're ready but I personally think they have enough flavour. I hope you enjoy these, they're beautiful and soft inside assuming it's from letting them sit in the boiling water for that short spurse of time.